You’ve created the killer resume and cover letter. You made it through the applicant tracking system.
Next step: the job interview with all those interview questions…
And that scares even the best of us…Are you prepared?
Being judged and evaluated by people who have your future in their hands can riddle you with anxiety and self-doubt.
Everyone says there is no right or wrong way to answer the questions…
That’s nonsense. Interviewers are almost always looking for specific answers to their questions.
What can you do?
Be prepared to answer some common interview questions. Then practice and practice how you would answer them. Interviewers are not looking for perfect well-rehearsed answers, but they are looking for well-thought-out, cohesive answers.
What are the common interview questions?
1. Tell me something about yourself
2. Why do you want to work here?
3. What is your greatest strength?
4. What are your weaknesses? (Everyone hates this question)
5. Why should we hire you?
6. What is your greatest accomplishment?
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
8. Why did you decide to leave your previous/current job?
9. Why were you fired?
10. Give me an example of how you have previously handled a challenge in the workplace.
11. What do you know about our company?
12. What are your salary requirements?
13. What questions do you have for us?
14. What are you looking for in a new position?
15. What kind of work environment do you like best?
16. Why is there a gap in your work experience?
17. How would your boss/coworkers describe you?
18. How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?
Preparation is key to your success
Make sure you’re prepared to answer all the typical job interview questions. Wherever you’re applying, you’ll likely be asked several of the above questions. And the more prepared you are with the questions, the better the interview will go in your favor.
Finally, Good Luck with the Interview! You got this!!!